Ingredients (16 servings):
115 g Plain Flour (4 oz)
2 ½ g Dr. Oetker Bicarbonate of Soda (½ tsp)
25 g Caster Sugar
200 ml Whole Milk (7 fl.oz)
175 g Blueberries (6 oz)
10 ml Vegetable Oil (2 tsps)
2 g Salt (a pinch)
Dr. Oetker Cream of Tartar Sachet (1 sachet)
1. Sift the flour, salt, Cream of Tartar, Bicarbonate of Soda and sugar into a large bowl and make a well in the centre.
2. Add the egg and milk and gradually whisk into the dry ingredients until well blended. Stir in the blueberries.
3. Make a well in the centre of the flour and pour in the liquid, beat together with a balloon whisk to make a smooth batter, stir in the blueberries.
4. Heat a heavy based frying pan or griddle pan, add some of the oil and allow to heat, then drop 2 tablespoons of the batter into the pan to make each pancake.
5. Cook over a medium heat until bubbles appear, this takes about 2 minutes. Flip the pancake over with a slice or palette knife to cook the other side until it is golden brown.
6. Lift pancakes onto a cooling rack that is covered with kitchen towel and place more kitchen towel lightly on the top. Cook all the batter and if necessary add more oil to the pan.