Giovanni Rana’s Selected Italian Cheeses Ravioli
A simple yet prominent ingredient in an authentic Italian dish is cheese and it is often said that the art of Italian cooking is in the blending of the best cheeses. By finding the right balance, this creates flavorsome results for any palette whilst providing a wonderful creamy texture. Why not try Giovanni Rana’s recipe for this traditional Italian favourite, Italian Cheeses Ravioli with a butter and almond garnish.
For the pasta…
Simply Italian Selected Italian Cheeses Ravioli
For the pasta sauce…
1 Tbsp. Artisan Butter (salted or unsalted to your preference)
100g Whole Unsalted/Raw Almonds
5 Sage Leaves
Freshly Ground Black Pepper for Seasoning
1 Tsp. Honey
- Place the Simply Italian Selected Italian Cheeses Ravioli into a large saucepan of boiling salted water and simmer gently for 2 minutes. Gently drain the pasta to preserve its shape.
- Add one tablespoon of artisan butter into a separate frying pan and heat at a low temperature.
- Chop the almonds roughly for a crunchy texture and add to the frying pan for a couple of minutes, then add a couple of sage leaves.
- Add the drained pasta to the frying pan and grind freshly black pepper over the ravioli.
- Finally add 1 teaspoon of honey to the frying pan to compliment the savoury cheese flavour.
Cook’s tip: Fresh herbs are a vibrant addition to any kitchen and are an important ingredient for home cooks, requiring only simple care to maintain. For this recipe, fresh sage leaves and aromatic spices will give this dish greater depth of flavor.