Strawberries and Cream Cupcakes
Ingredients (makes 12 cupcakes):
110 g Butter or Margarine (4 oz)
110 g Caster Sugar (4 oz)
Medium Eggs x 2
75 g Self-Raising Flour (3 oz) Sieved
3 ml Dr. Oetker Madagascan Vanilla Extract (2-3 drops)
About 100 ml Double Cream
About 200 g Strawberries
30 g Strawberry Jam (2 tbsp)
- Pre-heat the oven to 180°C/350°F/Gas Mark 4. Place the Baking Cases into a cupcake tin.
- Cream together the butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Gradually beat in the eggs and the Vanilla Extract. If the mixture starts to curdle, add a little flour. Fold in the remaining flour with a spoon.
- Place spoonfuls of the mixture into the Baking Cases and bake for 15-20 minutes until well risen and firm to the touch. Remove from the oven and leave to cool on a cooling rack.
- Whip the double cream until it creates stiff peaks when lifting your whisk.
- Spoon a teaspoon of whipped cream onto the cupcake. Arrange slices of fresh strawberries on to the cream.
- Sieve the strawberry jam to remove all the seeds and add a couple of drops of water to create a smooth glaze. Brush over the strawberries to create the perfect glossy finish.