Thai Roast Chicken
Chicken has lots of trace minerals in it that gives a boost to the immune system. It’s great for fighting off a cold.
Lemongrass, ginger and chillies add a wonderfully intense flavour and fragrance to roast chicken in this stunningly simple recipe.
Ingredients (serves 4 - 6):
50g/1¾oz ginger, peeled
3 Spring onions
2 Medium red chillies
2 Medium yellow chillies
1 Medium green chilli
1 Tbsp ground turmeric
200ml/7oz groundnut oil
1 Whole chicken
- Set the oven to 180C/350F/Gas 4.
- Combine all of the ingredients apart from the chicken in a food processor and blend until smooth.
- Brush the chicken generously with the spice mix.
- Cover the chicken with foil and roast in the oven for 70-80 minutes, or until the juices run clear when the chicken is pierced with a skewer – the cooking time will depend on the size of the chicken. Remove the foil half way through to allow the skin to crisp up.
- Leave to rest for 15 minutes covered in foil before serving.
For more information visit BBC Food