Vegetarian Chilli Tacos
Serve with a side of fresh garden salad.
Ingredients (serves 4):
1 tbsp olive oil
1 onion, finely chopped
1 garlic clove
3 celery stalks, finely chopped
200g/7oz brown cap/shiitake mushrooms
2 bird's-eye chillies, chopped
100g/3½oz tomato purée
1 tsp cocoa powder
100ml/3½fl oz non alcoholic red wine
150ml/5fl oz vegetable stock
150g/5oz canned kidney beans, rinsed and drained
150g/5oz canned butterbeans, rinsed and drained
150g/5oz canned soya beans, rinsed and drained
Salt and freshly ground black pepper
12 ready-made taco shells, warmed
150g/5oz mild cheese, grated
2 tbsp chopped fresh coriander
200ml/7fl oz soured cream
cactus pickles, chopped (if available)
1. Heat the oil in a frying pan over a medium heat. Fry the onion, garlic and celery until soft.
2. Add the mushrooms and chillies and cook for one minute.
3. Add the tomato purée and cook for a further 2-3 minutes.
4. When the mushrooms are soft, add the cocoa powder, wine and stock and bring to the boil.
5. Reduce the heat and simmer for 15 minutes, then add all of the beans and cook for a further 10-12 minutes, or until the sauce has reduced and the beans are all heated through.
6. To serve, place 2-3 tablespoonfuls of the bean chilli in each taco shell. Top with the grated cheese, chopped coriander, soured cream and cactus pickles (if using), and place onto plates.
For more information visit BBC Food